1. When you are up at night with the baby, there is lots to look at outside your window.
2. Meeting a friend for lunch/coffee/shopping does not require you to venture far from home, so if your baby has a meltdown, you can quickly retreat back to your nest.
3. No need for baby monitors if you live in a small condo that is all on one floor.
4. Supplies like groceries and pharmaceuticals are conveniently located and do not require you to get into a car.
5. Living downtown lets you hang on to a piece of your pre-baby life--you might not go out as often, but at least you're not far from the action.